- 03 Jul, 18
- by Sell My Motorcycle Staff
- in Motorcycle Buyers Georgia, Selling Georgia
Things to know about Atlanta Georgia
Atlanta is a beautiful city, especially in the summer months. Spouts of culture, Southern hospitality, and one of the best food capitals in the world. Are you planning on taking a break from work to visit the wonderful Southern city of Atlanta, Georgia? Here are some tips to make your life a little easier when visiting Atlanta, Georgia.
The World of Coke in Atlanta Georgia
- It doesn’t matter where you are from or what you call a carbonated drink; soda, pop, fizzy drink, in Georgia it’s ONLY a Coke or Coca-Cola.
People in the Southern United States usually call soft drinks “Coke” or “Coca-Cola” because the worldwide headquarters of the Coca-Cola Co. is based in Atlanta, Georgia. Coke was so often the drink of choice that the general population began referring to all carbonated beverages as “Coke” or “Coca-Cola”.
- The courts of Atlanta outlawed tying a giraffe to a telephone pole or street lamp.
I don’t know why you would have a giraffe in Atlanta. “Alright Geoffrey, I have to go to the grocery store, stay by the telephone pole. I’ll just tie your leash here.” I really don’t know how this would even come up in legislation.
- The Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport is the world’s busiest airport.
The airport connects many major American cities by only three hours. Because of this, Atlanta is a major hub.
- Triumph motorcycle’s (company now based in Atlanta) new model, Street Twin, was voted motorcycle of the year in 2016.
In 2016, Triumph had the biggest new-model launch in the company’s history, those models include the Street Twin, chosen by Motorcyclist magazine as the motorcycle of the year.
- No matter how hot Atlanta gets, Georgians hate when you call their state capital Hotlanta.
Every time the word “Hotlanta” is used, Georgians die a little inside. That overused nickname is a relic of Atlanta’s efforts in the 1980s to establish itself as a major city. Now that it has been established as a reputable American city, Hotlanta should never be used again. Ever. Again.
- All motorbike riders must wear a helmet at all times.
The lawmakers in Atlanta Georgia want their streets and patrons to be safe, as safe as possible at least.
- You must wear eye protection unless your bike has a windscreen.
Lawmakers don’t want motorists to get something in their eye and be dragged out of commision. They also don’t want accidents caused because of eye damage. But, because you need a helmet to ride, get one with a visor!
I hope that these tips help you to make your summer vacation in Atlanta, Georgia a little more enjoyable. Stay cool and safe! Don’t forget to have fun and if you’re bringing your pet giraffe; don’t tie them to a telephone pole while you buy your souvenirs! If you want to sell your motorcycle in Atlanta, fill out a quote today! You will get a great offer for your used bike.
The Chattahoochee National Forest, Georgia
Motorcycle Events and Rides This Halloween
- Georgia Buyers
- Georgia Motorcycle Events
- Georgia Trails
- Motorcycle Appraisals
- Motorcycle Buyers
- Motorcycle Buyers Georgia
- Motorcycle Routes
- Motorcycles Georgia
- Motorcycles Tennessee
- Sell Motorcycles In Georgia
- Sell Motorcycles In Kentucky
- Sell My Motorcycle
- Sell your motorcycle
- Selling Bikes
- Selling Georgia
- Tips and Tricks